FW: Legal? Road Runner proactive scanning.[Scanned]

From: James P. Saveker (james_at_wetgoat.net)
Date: 03/11/04

    Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:08:27 -0000
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    You consider a port scan to be an attack?

    Why is a port scan an attack? Do other people on this list agree with this?

    Perhaps I am naive,

    James Saveker
    www.wetgoat.net

    "The only thing which helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
    friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes..."

    This e-mail has been virus checked by Sophos Mail Monitor. There are
    inherent dangers in the opening any Attachments contained within e-mails.
    wetgoat.net cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the
    potential risks before opening any of the Attachments. You are solely
    responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment
    used in connection with this e-mail service, and wetgoat.net will not be
    liable for any damages that you may suffer in connection with using,
    modifying or distributing any of the Attachments.