OpenSSH on Solaris 2.6 / 7

From: Rusnac, Claudiu (claudiu.rusnac_at_office.xerox.com)
Date: 03/10/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:29:30 -0800

    Hello All,

    I am not sure if this is a correct forum to ask this question be but here it is:

    I am running OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003 on Solaris 2.6 / 7 platforms. My issue is when users attempt to login with a password that is expired they get a [access denied]. When the password is reset they are able to login just fine. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening or does anyone have any insight on why this would be happing? I would like to correct this problem.

    Thank you in advance for your input.

    _______________________________
    Claudiu Rusnac
    XEROX The Document Company
    Information Security

    PGP Fingerprint: 48C7 A2D6 5820 8C6C 5DC6 968A 3747 1C18 B321 74D6

    This message and any appended documentation is proprietary and confidential to Xerox Corporation and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). These items may not be disclosed to third parties without the prior written permission of Xerox Corporation. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message and its contents from your system. Copyright (c) 2003, Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Any reason not to use strcpy, strcat or scanf?
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless access
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux