RE: Help Needed

From: Mike (mike_at_superiorholidayadventures.ca)
Date: 03/09/04

    Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:18:13 -0500
    To: "Byron Sonne" <blsonne@rogers.com>, "Junaid" <junaid@de21comp.net>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    root@firewall:~# ping -s 65536 192.168.0.112
    ping: packet size too large.

    root@firewall:~# ping -s 65500 192.168.0.112
    ping: packet size too large.

    Is there a modified ping?

    Mike.

    PS> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    H:\>ping -l 65500 192.168.0.112

    Pinging 192.168.0.112 with 65500 bytes of data:

    • Re: [SLE] SuSE/Linux Ping vs DOS Ping
      ... People complain often about Linux being behind windows in Destop GUI, ... I'm not sure what would be newer with a ping packet. ... >> Can you Windows box ping the SuSE box? ... > (The 1641 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Cannot ping desktop from laptop or router - SOLVED
      ... I could then ping the desktop both from the ... router and the laptop. ... Norton is uninstalled and the Windows firewall is disabled on the ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
    • Re: 2000 and XP machines not sharing
      ... Can you ping the Windows 2000 machine from the XP machine? ... Connection Specific DNS Suffix: ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Network setup problems (formerly Can anyone give me a clue)
      ... > First of all I have a crossover cable connecting my Debian machine and ... > a Windows XP machine. ... > a basic network with this. ... But any attempts to ping the Windows box, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Browser hangs Web site cannnot be displayed
      ... I have turned off the Windows XP firewall. ... Verizon said they disabled ping function ... >>I am using a DSL connection in an apartment. ... >>valid IP address from Verizon but none of my browsers will display web ...