Re: Graphing Tool

From: C. Tate Baumrucker (tate.baumrucker_at_callisma.com)
Date: 03/08/04

    Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:15:45 -0500
    To: Francisco Rodrigo Cortiñas <frcmsec@terra.es>

    JPGraph is a great on-the-fly PHP-based graph generation library set:
    http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/

    --
    C. Tate Baumrucker
    Principal Architect
    Francisco Rodrigo Cortiñas wrote:
    >Francisco Rodrigo Cortiñas.
    >CCNP, MCSE, MCDBA.
    >When I worked for an ISP, I recommended them to use apps like, Big
    >Sister, Netsaint and similar, to make a web interface to monitor network
    >and server status. But If you have the ability to make the scripts on
    >your own and don’t want the interface, then I would use only RRD to make
    >the graphs; the only thing you need is: separate MRTG from RRD (or
    >download it), create your own customized databases, feed them with your
    >data and use them to feed the graphs. The input is customized by the
    >scripts you use to feed the databases and the config of the databases
    >(time intervals and others). You also could use the tools of RRD to
    >extract and manipulate the data. There are a lot of manuals of RRD on
    >Internet to explain how to do it.
    >
    >If you only need a command line utility to only plot the data, gnuplot
    >and similar would be useful to you. Go and see sourceforge.net for more.
    >
    >If you feel you need something more, and have time to learn, I recommend
    >you to use a language named TCL to make a graphic app to show the graphs
    >(it isn’t too difficult, the language is very friendly, and has modules
    >to make the graphs and other stuff for you). The results could be, with
    >some practice, very impressive (also recommend you to search
    >sourceforge.net for some examples).
    >

    >Francisco Rodrigo Cortiñas.
    >CCNP, MCSE, MCDBA.

    • Re: Graphing Tool
      ... > I'm looking for a command-line utility to run on a Linux platform that can ... > graphs based on daily totals instead of constant gauge readings. ... > Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Graphing Tool
      ... Sister, Netsaint and similar, to make a web interface to monitor network ... your own and don’t want the interface, then I would use only RRD to make ... data and use them to feed the graphs. ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Graphing Tool
      ... Sister, Netsaint and similar, to make a web interface to monitor network ... data and use them to feed the graphs. ... If you feel you need something more, and have time to learn, I recommend ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Graphing Tool
      ... > I'm looking for a command-line utility to run on a Linux platform that ... > can generate some line or bar graphs based on basic data such as ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Security-Basics)