Graphing Tool

From: Tony Kava (securityfocus_at_pottcounty.com)
Date: 03/02/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:04:07 -0600

    Hi.

    I'm looking for a command-line utility to run on a Linux platform that can
    generate some line or bar graphs based on basic data such as number of junk
    e-mail messages rejected, etc. I do use MRTG to monitor network devices in
    5 minute intervals, but I'm interested in automatically generating some
    graphs based on daily totals instead of constant gauge readings. Perhaps I
    can adjust interval settings for MRTG (or RRDTOOL) to accomplish this.

    I don't need anything to generate the data, I can script that, but I'm
    interested in what others are using to generate graphs like this. For
    example I may want to have a graph showing total junk messages rejected over
    the past seven days with one bar (or line point) for each day. This is
    generally a job for a spreadsheet (i.e. Excel), but I want to automate this
    so I can view the output on a web interface.

    What tools are people using to generate such graphs?

    Thanks.

    --
    Tony Kava
    Senior Network Administrator

    • Re: Graphing Tool
      ... > I'm looking for a command-line utility to run on a Linux platform that ... > can generate some line or bar graphs based on basic data such as ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Graphing Tool
      ... > I'm looking for a command-line utility to run on a Linux platform that can ... > generate some line or bar graphs based on basic data such as number of junk ... > graphs based on daily totals instead of constant gauge readings. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • F90 graphical library
      ... I'm using intel fortran compiler on a Linux platform. ... I'd like to obtain automatically some graphs from my codes. ...
      (comp.lang.fortran)
    • Graphing within reports
      ... I have checked out several plug-ins and methods for adding bar graphs in Filemaker but they do seem to meet my needs. ... Set Variable [$$tbar; ...
      (comp.databases.filemaker)
    • Re: Bar Graph Software?
      ... create bar graphs. ... Anyone know of a app out there ... Even though you already have Office (and therefore, Excel, which is certainly very capable of making graphs, it might not be worth the hassle to learn to get it to do exactly what you want. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.apps)