WLAN with encryption and ARP-spoofing

From: Markus Schabel (markus.schabel_at_tgm.ac.at)
Date: 03/01/04

    Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:33:26 +0100
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hello!

    While preparing for a security-seminar I played a bit around with
    ARP-spoofing on switches. After that we thougth a bit about encrypted
    WLAN's and found out that we can also sniff all packets when we use
    ARP-spoofing, so the encryption (even with keychanging applied) isn't
    really useful since it is no problem to grep all packets decrypted.

    Do you have any idea's how this can be prevented?

    best regards,
    Markus

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
    ownership.

    Download your free trial at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_security-basics_040301