IP block

From: Ronald Balk (Ronald.Balk_at_borland.com)
Date: 02/29/04

    Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:55:56 +0100
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    All,

    I need to setup a temporarily training room in my office.

    The training-pc's are directly connected to the internal network and
    need to use the "internal" gateway address to access the internet.

    The training pc's should only access the gateway's IP address all other
    addresses should be blocked. I also need to block other subnet's.

    We run a Windows based network (AD).

    I am looking for a cheap software/hardware solution

    Any suggestions ?

    Thanks,
    Ronald Balk

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
    ownership.

    Download your free trial at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_security-basics_040301

    • Re: Newsgroup filtering with host server software
      ... you cannot plug in to the customers network you can still get at your ... the internet before it hit my inbox. ... Practical UNIX and Internet Security Practical UNIX and Internet ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: can ping but not browse
      ... I have stopped the firewall. ... # are safed from all (security) hazards. ... firewall/bastion host to the internet ... # internet and to an internal network, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Home wireless free hotspot
      ... Someone should create a security focus risk acceptance form that can be digitally signed so when a question that is legally and/or ethically questionable arises, everyone will be on the same page. ... Internet Security ADA ... "I would like to set up a wireless network ... There are of course some possible issues with sharing your internet connection including you may become legally liable for all actions your neighbours perform online, potentially if you have internet limits imposed you may exceed them. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: netbios vuln
      ... > finally is it just the author of the article (who is not a security ... <<blah, blah, blah>> ... network protocols and services on thoses OSes such that, by default, ... nearly every such machine with an Internet connection will be ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Microsoft declares security is NOT its top priority
      ... | by Bruce Schneier, Network World ... is security Microsoft's top priority? ... | does to secure their computers and networks. ... | When many unsecure computers are connected to the Internet, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)