Pairwise key derivation using PRF-512 for Wi-Fi Security Access (WPA) -

From: Singh, Alok (Alok.Singh_at_analog.com)
Date: 02/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:17:32 -0500
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Hi,
       WPA uses PRF-512 to generate the Pairwise Transient key. The
    algorithm takesi - pairwise master key(32 bytes), a char string, the MAC
    addresses of client and AP, the nonces provided by client and AP - as the inputs
    , and generates 64 byte output. Is anybody aware of the test vectors for this
    algorithm ? The test vector should consist of Pairwise Master Key, client MAC
    address, AP Mac address, Client Nonce, AP Nonce. 802.11i draft 7.0 does provide
    a test vector but it looks confusing and not much details have been provided..

    Please let me know if you are aware of such test vectors?

    regards,
    alok
    (91) 9848309728

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php

    • RE: Mac file names too long??
      ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... Generally speaking, for the SBS 2003 domain with MAC clients, some ... You can check the white paper and ensure both the server and the clients ... and client correctly: [note: please notice the ISA section of the bottom of ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Mac file names too long??
      ... > Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... > networking settings on the MAC; modify the directory service options; ... > some settings on the SBS server need to be changed. ... > I. Check the TCP/IP properties of the MAC client. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: MAC client cannot access web site via ISA 2004
      ... I understand the issue to be: MAC client cannot ... browse the web site on web server which you have published. ... Generally speaking, for the SBS 2003 domain with MAC clients, some ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • SonicWall Officially drops support for Macintosh
      ... SonicWall is being officially dropped from my preferred ... another VPN client does not constitute a recommendation of that product. ... gateway or a client installed on a PC, Mac, etc.) will be coming from. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Exchange 5.5 IMAP problem
      ... > Mostly people access their email Via Outlook for Windows or Outlook 2001 ... > client to report the following error when attempting to download the ... > (for Mac or Windows) there is no error message and the email with the ... > emails with these problem attachments and have found that I can fix this ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)