Re: Hidden Ports

From: Alejandro Flores (alejandro.flores_at_triforsec.com.br)
Date: 02/03/04

    To: Eduardo Sorensen <ovo@osite.com.br>
    Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:36:18 -0300

            Hello,

            If a backdoor is set to only accept connections from a configured ip
    address or network, I guess that nmap will found this port as filtered,
    as your ip address is not allowed to connect.

    Regards,
    Alejandro Flores

    > Can a port scanner not see a port that is opened?
    >
    > The question is: can a backdoor be on a machine, and with nmap -p 1-,
    > for example, you couldn't see it?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Eduardo

    --TriForSec
    http://www.triforsec.com.br/

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!

    • RE: Abnormal activity.
      ... If you ever wanted to know what service/application is linked to a port, ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Wierd non-http port 80 daemon?
      ... Try using nmap with the newly added -A switch. ... what service is running on each port. ... Many open ports, etc. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: is this real?
      ... Try and update nmap to current version. ... Regards ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Abnormal activity.
      ... port 4662 is used by the well known p2p application Edonkey. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Master the skills ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Port 80 open without WebServer
      ... Port 80 open without WebServer ... >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)