Oracle encrypted password sniffed through a network

From: hassan hani (amni____at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/29/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:18:10 +0000

    we are deploying a security plan for our database oracle server.

    Any oracle client like SQLPLUS ou Developper2000 send login in cleat text
    via network and the password is encrypted .

    i want to know if it is easy to decrypt the encrypted password send through
    network , and sniffed by attacker.

    please help

    MSN Messenger http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : dialoguez en son et en images
    avec vos amis

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!

    • RE: UDP Port 137 Question
      ... Director of Network Operations ... The Computer Browser system service maintains an up-to-date list of ... maintain browse lists that contain all shared resources that are used on ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: 192.168.x.x oddities
      ... > network are non-routable. ... > the only address-space the router is configured to support. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Network Traffic Monitor
      ... Subject: Network Traffic Monitor ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Reconstructing network topology maps
      ... Subject: Reconstructing network topology maps ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Network Discovery & Asset Management Tools
      ... I suggest using SMS 2.0 the network and asset management functions of it ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)