Re: iptables and yahoo voicechat servers

From: Alejandro Flores (alejandro.flores_at_triforsec.com.br)
Date: 01/28/04

    To: greg gede <mymilis2000@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:09:18 -0300

            Hello greg,

    < ... snip ... >
    > after reading the page, i have a question that you
    > guys out there might help me. why does it has so many
    > servers? what is the benefit? do i have to write 14
    > iptables rules for this voicechat to work?

            They have many servers for load balance. So they can handle everybody.
            Well, you can use a netmask in your rule, so you don't need to write a
    rule for each yahoo server. Something like 66.218.70.32/28.

    Regards,
    Alejandro Flores

    --TriForSec
    http://www.triforsec.com.br/

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!