RE: Worm.SCO.A (W32/Mydoom@MM)

From: Shawn Jackson (sjackson_at_horizonusa.com)
Date: 01/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:48:39 -0800
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Found some information, looks like Mcafee just posted the info at about
    2:40 p.m. PST, VERY HIGH OUTBREAK! Sophos and Trend Micro on my network
    are missing the virus; Mcafee and ClamAV are finding it.

    FYI:
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100983

    Shawn Jackson
    Systems Administrator
    Horizon USA
    1190 Trademark Dr #107
    Reno NV 89521

    www.horizonusa.com
    Email: sjackson@horizonusa.com
    Phone: (775) 858-2338
                 (800) 325-1199 x338

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!

    • Re: Problems with LAN access to unit running XP Media Center
      ... Looking at the processes running in both safe mode and normal mode (with ... "Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)" wrote: ... You mention you have mcafee, is it install on the XP MC unit?? ... The unit running XP MC can see and access all network ...
    • Re: Mcafee Mystery Entries in the Registry?
      ... Malke wrote: ... >>difference vs plain regedit? ... > knowledgeable friend come over and vet your network. ... Mcafee Firewall went. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: SCAN.EXE - McAfee AntiVirus Software
      ... I have two quick questions about McAfee AntiVirus's SCAN.EXE: ... small network is providing a tiny bit of resistance. ... wide variety of scripting tasks on all network ... > McAfee workstations and for McAfee Configuration Management. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Some Sites Blocked ...
      ... Network Configuration: ... Mcafee Antivirus, ... their IP addresses resolve to: ... I am not running any server apps on my computer. ...
    • Re: problems with McAfee VirusScan
      ... I run VS2003 and VS2005 on a big network with SourceSafe 6 and VirusScan Enterprise v7, and performance is good, and a lot better than with Norton or Sophos. ... I'm using visual studio 2003 to develope web&windows applications in csharp. ... I've talked to the guy at McAfee support, and apparently he's not familiar with this problem with visual studio. ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)