Re: UDP Port 137 Question

From: Jeff Friend (Jfriend_at_ochsner.org)
Date: 01/21/04

    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:52:08 -0600
    To: <why1234@hotmail.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Hae you tried checking the ports on the local machine to see what is running, application wise. I use Fport to give me a listing of applications and the ports they are using. Doesn't help with windows services, but it shows a lot.

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!

    • Re: UDP Port 137 Question
      ... I use Fport to give me a listing of application= ... >s and the ports they are using. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Out of my league.....
      ... (These ports -- UDP as well as TCP -- should also be blocked.) ... but had opened up ports to a server inside the network which ... > We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ... and many other technical hands on courses. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: I only want stable software
      ... system' and the 'ports tree' since the desirable procedures ... FreeBSD project does ... and research 'stability' on a case by case basis. ... available applications on the basis of 'stability'. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: Out of my league.....
      ... had opened up ports to a server inside the network which is currently ... hosting the email server, DNS, as well as a simple web app to do ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Out of my league.....
      ... which is adding external machines to your Network Neighborhood. ... (These ports -- UDP as well as TCP -- should also be blocked.) ... > had opened up ports to a server inside the network which is currently ... > We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, ...
      (Security-Basics)