Network Access Quarantine

From: Nagy Gergely (gergely.nagy_at_is-energy.hu)
Date: 01/21/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:49:42 +0100

    Hi all,

    Do you have a solution for the following:

    I would need a DHCP quarantine which works as a virtual lan or something.
    The main role would be to check all the PCs that connect to the LAN for
    security patches and viruses before leting them to connect to the real one.
    If they comply to the company policy they can be forwarded to the real and
    live network where they can work as usualy the do.

    I have searched the net, but couldn't find anything like this. I could find
    this solution for dial-in and VPN users, but not for local ones.

    Any help would be kindly appreciated.

    Greg

    Ez a level virusellenorzesen esett at!

    This message was checked against viruses!

    Ez a level virusellenorzesen esett at!

    This message was checked against viruses!

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!