Re: Windows Remote Desktop

From: Jamie Pratt (jamie_at_nucdc.org)
Date: 01/16/04

    Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:48:56 -0500
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    yes, that is indeed what it was... - once i removed the username (no
    password was stored, so it wasnt doing auto-login.) from the *.rdp file
    config, it sent nothing.. (perfect!)..

    PS - does anyone know if there is any significant difference (security
    or otherwise) between using the RDP client on the MS site located here:

    [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp]

    versus using the TS client software created from the win2k terminal
    server console itself? (the setup interface is different, that much is
    noticeable, but beyond that?...)

    regards,
    jamie

    Shawn Jackson wrote:
    > Do you have it set to automatically login to the server upon
    > connection? I've noticed that the RDP Client will transmit the last used
    > username with the initial connection. Try logging in with another
    > username then disconnect and see what username it transmits then.
    >
    > Shawn Jackson
    > Systems Administrator
    > Horizon USA
    > 1190 Trademark Dr #107
    > Reno NV 89521
    >
    > www.horizonusa.com
    > Email: sjackson@horizonusa.com
    > Phone: (775) 858-2338
    > (800) 325-1199 x338

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!

    • RE: Windows Remote Desktop
      ... protocol through, it just window-dressing. ... flexibility of the XP RDP client more then the W2K-TS client. ... > username then disconnect and see what username it transmits then. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows Remote Desktop
      ... There are many improvements in the RDP client at the link you mentioned. ... not security improvements and ... > username then disconnect and see what username it transmits then. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows Remote Desktop
      ... I've noticed that the RDP Client will transmit the last used ... username with the initial connection. ... username then disconnect and see what username it transmits then. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: RDP ver 6
      ... The way I could tell is we create an RDP connection (on the General tab - ... Now when we reopen that RDP ... connection - there is no password or username. ...
    • Re: New RDP Client
      ... Vista Remote Desktop Connection Authentication FAQ ... TS connection experience improvements based on RDP 6.0 client ... UserName - MySavedName ...