Simple way to check URL validity

From: Graybeal, Brian (Brian.Graybeal_at_conectiv.com)
Date: 01/15/04

    To: "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:16:52 -0500

    Type:

    javascript:alert("The real URL of this site is: " + location.protocol + "//"
    + location.hostname + "/");

    into your address bar.

    Ron Goers writes:

    We have all been plagued with spoofs [of] PayPal and eBay lately. Many
    messages are obvious, but some are real good fakes. I was pleased to find
    the tip from Michael in today's issue of Lockergnome Windows Fanatics.

    You can create a link on the IE toolbar, or just save it as a favorite.

    From Meryl of Lockergnome

    This e-mail and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary,
    privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco
    Holdings, Inc., Conectiv, or their subsidiaries ("PHI"). This e-mail is
    intended solely for the use of the person to which it is addressed. If you
    are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that
    any dissemination, distribution, copying or other action taken in relation
    to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is prohibited and may be
    unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
    sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
    e-mail and any printout. PHI policy expressly prohibits employees from
    making Defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or
    any other legal right by email communications. PHI will not accept any
    liability in respect of such communications. The employee responsible will
    be personally liable for any damages or other liability so arising.

    Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
    course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
    We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
    and many other technical hands on courses.
    Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
    any course!