RE: OWA security

From: Martin K. Lee - XML Consulting (martin.lee_at_xmlconsulting.com.au)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:47:22 +1100
    To: "Beverly Kittens" <beverlykittens@hotmail.com>

    Hi Beverly,

    If you are serious about security you shouldn't use HTTP for OWA access
    in the first place. HTTPS would help in this case (Well be aware of DoS
    though).

    Well if you are adding a separate web server into the network, I would
    suggest a firewall for separating the web server and the internal
    network. You may like to consider removing the connection of the PIX to
    the internal network and make a DMZ for the web server.

    My 2 cents...

    Martin K. Lee