Re: Traces

From: Meritt James (meritt_james_at_bah.com)
Date: 01/05/04

    Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:09:00 -0500
    To: Jimi Thompson <jimit@myrealbox.com>

    I have gotten halfway around the world (was accessing a New Zealand
    database) with few (single-digit) hope and have also seen a dozen miles
    take multiple (double-digit, the first digit neither one or two) hops.
    Unless you are concerned with network location and have dropped the
    geographical location idea, of course. I've also seen the same subnet
    go across multiple nations (corporate network) and multiple subnets in
    the same building. I recommend against confusing apples with oranges.

    Jim

    --
    James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
    Booz | Allen | Hamilton