RE: home wireless router good practices for security

From: Aditya [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ] (aditya_at_online.nailed.org)
Date: 12/31/03

    To: "Steve" <securityfocus@delahunty.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:39:19 +0530

    1. wireless encryption wont make any nocicable diffence in your network performance
    2. dont know
    3. 3 suggestions
            a. install a personal firewall for your os
            b. setup a vpn if you are paranoid after you have enabled WEP - makes a 10% performance loss but worth it
            c. setup snort with the relevent signatures

    -aditya