Re: Cryptography/Cryptanalysis

From: Luke StClair (luke_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: 12/31/03

    Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:00:16 -0500

    On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 01:10:14PM -0500, nokio x0 wrote:
    > If there are any books/online texts you can refer me to please do so. Also,
    > what guides/books do you recommend I should take a look at on the subject
    > of Cryptanalysis? My goal is to some-day become a cryptanalist for the NSA.
    > Sounds cheasy but from what I know about cryptology, facinates me.
    > Thanks in advance, any response will be much appreciated.

    Any amount of searching will turn up Applied Cryptography, by Bruce
    Schneier. Start there. Code is included for all the algorithms (I
    believe all of them, if not, quite a few), along with good explanations.
    From there, you should know enough to go on your own.

    --
    Luke StClair
    run_faster@hotmail.com

    • Re: New cryptanalysis book coming out!
      ... But in the field of cryptanalysis, these are few and far between. ... Schneier who wrote a paper analyzing the attacks on unbalanced Feistel ... With that information I believe Applied Cryptography is in the same ... It may be that your criticisms are valid - but unless you've actually read ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: New cryptanalysis book coming out!
      ... But in the field of cryptanalysis, these are few and far between. ... and the trade-offs and balances that such a design can achieve. ... a paper analyzing the attacks on unbalanced Feistel networks which covered ... With that information I believe Applied Cryptography is in the same ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Cryptanalysis
      ... >I was wondering where I could get more information on cryptanalysis, ... >I have read Bruce Schneier's book, and I have some basic knowledge of ... but you could start with _The Handbook of Applied Cryptography_, ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • what are best resources on cryptanalysis?
      ... Block-Cipher Cryptanalysis, which looks great. ... cryptanalysis for classes of crypto, like hash functions, public-key, etc? ... Practice" book, Scheiner and Ferguson's Applied and Practical Crypto, ... and the Handbook of Applied Cryptography which discuss mostly -graphy ...
      (sci.crypt)