Cryptography/Cryptanalysis

From: nokio x0 (xj3wlzx_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/30/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:10:14 -0500

    Hi all,

    I'm really interested in the field of cryptanalysis, but am not really
    familiar with cryptography. The texts I have read have explained what
    cryptography is, but havent really given me an example of implementing it in
    real life(ie: encrypting a unix file system with aes(just an example)). If
    there are any books/online texts you can refer me to please do so. Also,
    what guides/books do you recommend I should take a look at on the subject of
    Cryptanalysis? My goal is to some-day become a cryptanalist for the NSA.
    Sounds cheasy but from what I know about cryptology, facinates me.
    Thanks in advance, any response will be much appreciated.

    -j3

    "You can stop this individual, but you can't stop us all...After all, we're
    all alike..." - The Mentor

    Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
    http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es