Cryptography/Cryptanalysis

From: nokio x0 (xj3wlzx_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/30/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:10:14 -0500

    Hi all,

    I'm really interested in the field of cryptanalysis, but am not really
    familiar with cryptography. The texts I have read have explained what
    cryptography is, but havent really given me an example of implementing it in
    real life(ie: encrypting a unix file system with aes(just an example)). If
    there are any books/online texts you can refer me to please do so. Also,
    what guides/books do you recommend I should take a look at on the subject of
    Cryptanalysis? My goal is to some-day become a cryptanalist for the NSA.
    Sounds cheasy but from what I know about cryptology, facinates me.
    Thanks in advance, any response will be much appreciated.

    -j3

    -----------------------
    "You can stop this individual, but you can't stop us all...After all, we're
    all alike..." - The Mentor
    -----------------------

    Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
    http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

    • Re: Cryptography/Cryptanalysis
      ... > I'm really interested in the field of cryptanalysis, ... > familiar with cryptography. ... The texts I have read ... Download Messenger Now ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Cryptography/Cryptanalysis
      ... in cryptography research and help write some papers. ... you *may* be ready to get down to some serious cryptanalysis. ... there are any books/online texts you can refer me to please do so. ... My goal is to some-day become a cryptanalist for the NSA. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Dilating Key Encryptions.
      ...  It is possible however to validate the claims being made by ... dilating key and vector cryptography, both in SMD is a fairly sizable ...  Both methods are geared to foil cryptanalysis. ... The special computer program for testing huge domains that I mentioned ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: what are best resources on cryptanalysis?
      ... >> cryptanalysis. ... >> good books on cryptography, there are no books, good or bad, on ... unclassified and newer than MilCrypt than you care to recommend? ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • I have driven a stake through the heart of Cryptanalysis.
      ... The writing is on the wall and no matter how blunt or inarticulate ... matter of time before the current scalar cryptography will be replaced ... methods of cryptanalysis that are based on number theory and computer ... This cryptography thrives on increasing computer power unlike scalar ...
      (sci.crypt)