RE: setting access restrictions on external drive

From: David (David_at_cawdgw.net)
Date: 12/28/03

    To: "Mike" <mike@superiorholidayadventures.ca>, "J. Yoon" <supercool9000@hotmail.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:04:12 +0100

    I know this may sound lame, but do you have administrative rights on the
    drive? Or are you the owner? Normally something is stippled out if you don't
    have the permissions to use it. I once had a drive like that that a local
    admin had removed everyone's change and full rights from it, but everyone
    could read and write. As an admin, I simply took ownership of the whole
    thing and then changed domain admin rights to full, and my permissions were
    no longer stippled.