IPTables Based Firewall Testing

From: Gareth Darby (gdarby_at_aztech-communications.co.uk)
Date: 12/16/03

    Date: 16 Dec 2003 16:02:02 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I was wondering what kind of processes would be involved in testing a firewall built around IPtables. How could you ensure that the rules are sufficient? Is a simple port scan enough?

    Gareth

    • Re: Weird!
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... >I get some weird logs from iptables. ... Someone is trying to ping me with no result since it gets the msg. ...
      (Focus-Linux)