Secure RPC

From: Darragh O'Brien (dobrien_at_computing.dcu.ie)
Date: 12/03/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:10:29 +0000

    Hi,

    I can find documentation on secure RPC programming under Solaris
    but not for Linux. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me at
    appropriate resources.

    Thanks,
    Darragh

    • Re: Oracle, Solaris, Sparc and Linux
      ... buyout of Sun, that Oracle would destroy Solaris and the hardware ... To which Linux are they migrating? ... that Oracle would destroy Solaris and the hardware aspects ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Is anything else then Solaris used on UltraSparc Machines.
      ... > familiar with Solaris. ... The same thing cannot be said for Linux. ... Solaris x86 seems better with more expensive hardware whereas Linux ... it for Solaris (SPARC). ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Is anything else then Solaris used on UltraSparc Machines.
      ... They are just not there right now, just like Linux isn't there ... scalability, real-time support, standards compliance, volume ... > Sure there is a lot of pre-packaged software of Solaris, ... but it is often more hassle on Solaris (even SPARC). ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Is anything else then Solaris used on UltraSparc Machines.
      ... > I think there are good reasons for using Linux in place of Solaris ... The same thing cannot be said for Linux. ... Solaris x86 seems better with more expensive hardware whereas Linux ... it for Solaris (SPARC). ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Linux Advocates Fear Solaris 10.
      ... >> will want, and will get, with Linux and repositories of GPL software. ... Solaris has 95% of Linux ... Okay, so take OUT the Linux compatibility layer, and any of the GPL ... SUN, however, can 'open source' their Solaris, package a shitload of GPL ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)