Re: RPC ports on Win2k

From: Chris Berry (compjma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/24/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:51:59 -0800

    >From: DIEGO PROTTA CASATI/6175/012/Graduacao <diego-casati@inatel.br>
    > I was wondering if anyone knows how to close the RPC ports on a Win2k
    >box.
    >Someone told me that it was possible. Anyone?

    Well, you could turn off the rpc service, enable tcp/ip filtering, and/or
    use a firewall.

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the
    Force." --Darth Vader

    Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free
    parking. http://shopping.msn.com