Re: Accessing corporate servers through the web..

From: Chris Berry (compjma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/18/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:45:32 -0800

    >From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq@planetcobalt.net>
    > > (d) VNC (win 2K server)
    >
    >Most VNC servers I know of don't support encryption (there may be
    >others), so you are again transferring unencrypted data through the net.
    >And I fail to see why one would want to use VNC on a Windows 2000
    >server.
    >
    >You can work around the problems of weak or no encryption by using VPNs
    >or encrypted tunnels and the like, but that may not be feasible in any
    >case. What are you trying to accomplish, if i might ask?

    Simple, it's free and crossplatform. If you run it through ssh or a
    similiar encrypted tunnel, it's also secure and easy to use. Terminal
    services takes money and only works on windows.

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Ok, so the servers are down, the lights are out, and all I have to work
    with is a roll of duct tape, a ball point pen, a lighter, and a twenty year
    old copy of emacs. Where's the problem?"

    Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.

    Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
    The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
    simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
    by up to 80%.
    FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027

    • Amazingly stupid KathLOON cyberterrorist and LIAR!
      ... destruction from using the Internet and on-line services to steal from, ... However, the NSA does indeed monitor all Internet communication, just ... and that is strong encryption. ... In the documentation for PGP, the program's author, Phil Zimmermann, ...
      (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] On PGP (was: Wiretap or Magic Lantern?)
      ... > encryption software used by the left-wing revolutionaries. ... > The software separating the investigators from a potentially ... > years ago after a decade of quiescence, was PGP (Pretty Good ... > Zimmermann said in a telephone interview. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Kathleen Advocates Cyber-Terrorism
      ... Government Spying on the Internet ... However, the NSA does indeed monitor all Internet communication, just ... and that is strong encryption. ... In the documentation for PGP, the program's author, Phil Zimmermann, ...
      (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
    • Re: Calling Al-Jazeera
      ... NSA then proves the ... Government Spying on the Internet ... and that is strong encryption. ... In the documentation for PGP, the program's author, Phil Zimmermann, ...
      (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
    • RE: Suggested "safe" password length
      ... as i recall ashish stated that he was running linux with MD5 hashing. ... the password encryption function breaks passwords into ... character, each encrypted with the same function. ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ...
      (Security-Basics)