RE: Linux for newbies

From: Zachary Mutrux (zmutrux_at_compumentor.org)
Date: 11/17/03

    To: "Security-Basics" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:49:07 -0800

    I recommend Debian GNU/Linux.
    http://www.debian.org/

    If you're interested in RedHat, look at Fedora. Development of RedHat Linux
    is ending, but Fedora will continue.
    http://fedora.redhat.com/

    zm

    Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
    The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
    simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
    by up to 80%.
    FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027

    • Re: Email thread template for Fedora 7 installers feeling abused
      ... FYI, I was using Redhat Linux since V3 as I recall, maybe while ... my opinion of Linux in general was less than complementary until about 2000. ... who did the Fedora project appoint to define what Fedora's ... So you got lucky before. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Email thread template for Fedora 7 installers feeling abused
      ... FYI, I was using Redhat Linux since V3 as I recall, maybe while ... my opinion of Linux in general was less than complementary ... who did the Fedora project appoint to define what Fedora's ... So you got lucky before. ...
      (Fedora)
    • help please remove me from the list.
      ... Re: Web Browsers ... No network after upgrade to Fedora 2 ... We are using a router but linux has so many browsers that it by passes the proxy server that I hav set using squid. ... >>I'm using the one from jpackage and I had to install the webapps>>seperately. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
      ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 19
      ... tcsh and fedora 9 ... Keeping Firefox+Flash from eating your CPU ... > available for Linux? ...
      (Fedora)