Re: Windows IDS

From: Jaymz Ringler (jringler_at_sperrytv.com)
Date: 11/06/03

    To: me null <me_null@hotmail.com>
    Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:08:12 -0600

    snort runs on windows...

    use IDSCenter so it's not a pain in the arse

    price=FREE

    IDSCenter allows logging to Mysql, SQl, email etc etc etc.

    IDSCenter can be found here
    http://www.engagesecurity.com/products/idscenter/

    snort is at http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/

    • EagleX v2.1 released - www.engagesecurity.com
      ... A free 99% pre-configured IDS for Windows using Snort and IDScenter, ... Apache, PHP and MySQL. ... Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • ANNOUNCEMENT: IDScenter 1.1 RC3 released on www.engagesecurity.com
      ... IDScenter is a front-end for Snort intrusion detection ... Version: 1.1 RC3 ... world's premier technical IT security event! ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: SNORT error
      ... check the path to your logs directory. ... Stop and re-start Snort ... the IDScenter that came with the version of Snort ... When I test config I get: ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • IDScenter 1.09 beta 1.2 is available
      ... I'd like to inform you about release of IDScenter ... IDScenter is a snort managment tool for Windows ... It support Snort 1.8.x and 1.7, ... alert, integrated log viewer, external log viewers ...
      (Focus-IDS)