Re: Hardening / securing Citrix Metaframe XP

From: Marcos E. Rodriguez (mrodrigu_at_agape-tech.com)
Date: 11/04/03

    To: "secureot" <secureot@yahoo.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:32:07 -0500

    Hey buddy;

    Hardening Citrix depends on what type of OS you're running Citrix over. For
    a Windows based server, you'll need to deal with normal Windows hardening
    techniques. Same applies to Unix, and on goes the story. Citrix is merely
    a software package (large one) running on an underlying operating system.

    Always stay up to date on packages for MetaFrame, and NFuse, etc, whatever
    Citrix product that applies. Make certain you also research how to better
    architect your Citrix solution, such as using Secure ICA to encrypt the
    remote traffic. Look into Secure Gateway, etc.

    For some real substance, check out these sites, they will help you in one
    way or another:

    http://www.citrix.com

    That's obvious, but they have such a vast knowledgebase!

    http://www.thethin.net/
    http://www.thinplanet.com/
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~soundtcr/
    http://www.aspisland.com/
    http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1158

    There are plenty more sites, do a good Google search. One of the sites
    escapes my mind right now, but mail me back and I'll hunt it down for you.

    Regards,

    Marcos

    Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
    The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
    simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
    by up to 80%.
    FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027

    • Re: Teleworking
      ... We moved from a traditional VPN to a Citrix only solution for remote users. ... We use Nfuse (web client) and a product called AppPortal from a Emergent ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Harending / securing Citrx Metaframe XP
      ... Citrix actually has some good docs on there site for the Secure Gateway ... Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • TS vs. Citrix
      ... I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. ... Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. ...