Counter measures (was military strike)

From: J Kallberg (jk_at_cyberdefense.com)
Date: 11/03/03

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:36:32 -0500

    So what are the counter measures possible after someone tampered
    with a critical infrastructure? (Assume they are in hostile part
    of the world and can't be reached with regular law enforcement)?

    1. Counter hacking - serving what purpose?
    2. Diplomatic - would Syria care less?
    3. Trying to hook off from DNS etc - they keep getting new ones, etc.
    4. No counter activity, just building higher walls around the infrastructure..
    5. .....
    6. ....

    JK