Re: Possible Trojan.

From: John T. Hoffoss (hoff0438_at_umn.edu)
Date: 10/28/03

    Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:37:56 -0600
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:46:30AM -0000, H Carvey wrote:
    > <snip>
    > Did he happen to mention what it is that makes him think this? I ask, simply b/c I do some helpdesk work during my day-to-day activities and very often get really intelligent users who make certain assumptions that, well, are a little off base.
    > <snip>
    > Finally, go ask your buddy what makes him think that his AOL password is being stolen when he logs on...

    Perhaps he's storing the password on both machines, changed it, and didn't
    change it on the other client? If I remember correctly, when you email to
    retrieve a forgotten password, AOL resets it and mails it. If someone
    bothered to crack the password, they'd probably have gone and changed the
    email address too. But if not, the password would (should) be recoverable,
    which I assume it has been, since this has heppened to him repeatedly.

    Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
    The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
    simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
    by up to 80%.
    FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027

    • RE: military strike possible?
      ... >> considering that intelligence can't even tell a Chinese embassy from ... > Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... > The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: military strike possible?
      ... decide to come up with for a solution to a possible attack you must come ... Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: MS Admin frendily *nix distrobution / Re: to the RE:s Windows IDS
      ... My first suggestion here would be: see if there's a Linux User's Group ... |>> Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... |>> The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: military strike possible?
      ... Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial - ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: email gateway (transparent)
      ... Subject: email gateway (transparent) ... > Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... > The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
      (Security-Basics)