Re: dhcp / mac address

From: Erik Mintz (erik_at_courttavern.net)
Date: 10/16/03

    Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:40:10 -0400
    To: Joey Peloquin <jpelo1@jcpenney.com>

    Everything is there on you server. 10 minutes of work per segment I
    would estimate. Just listen to the traffic on the segment with all hosts
    online during a broadcast ping and feed it into a file. From that you
    can sort the data and feed it into your allowable hosts list.

    Erik Mintz

    Joey Peloquin wrote:

    >If the hosts are already deployed, why not write a script to
    >automagically collect the ethernet addresses for you? Actually, you can
    >probably find one on the Internet that will work with a little
    >site-specific tweaking.
    >
    >Joey Peloquin

    FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

    Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
    Learn how Solsoft can help you:
    - Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
    - Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
    networks
    - Quickly respond to network events from a central console

    Download our FREE whitepaper at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015