Re: about policy, standars ...

From: Nagendra Sitharamaiah (nsitharamaiah_at_netscape.net)
Date: 10/16/03

    Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:32:37 -0400
    To: sandro@4linux.com.br

    Please take a look at

    http://www.iso17799software.com/

    Regards

    sandro@4linux.com.br wrote:

    > Ganesharatnam C
    >
    > Ok.. ISO 31335 (orange book) add Cobit...
    >
    > Sandro Melo
    >
    >> Robert,
    >>
    >> You are trying to come out with a security policy. ghheeshh... Try the
    >> standards to work with, if I am not mistaken, ISO17799, BSI-bs7799
    >> are good
    >> security standard practice but they cover a wide range of factors.
    >>
    >> A good start would be to look at CISSP, has a few domains, buy a book
    >> and
    >> you can start developing areas to be covered and so fourth.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ganesh C

    • Re: No Shut Down or Restart for Domain Admins
      ... run rsop.msc from your DC and check which policy is responsible to this. ... I have created a group policy in a development network and imported it ... NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users Read (from Security Filtering) No ... Enforce user logon restrictions Enabled ...
    • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... > from some of you with appropriate experience in the field of network ... > main focus and priority has been computer security and policy development. ... install certain updates. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Can I update a new patch for the whole windows computers of m
      ... > FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security ... > - Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Mass Distribution of Security Policies
      ... It could start with a Network usage agreement, (Advisory Policy) to all ... Mass Distribution of Security Policies ...
      (Security-Basics)