Re: about policy, standars ...

From: sandro (sandro_at_4linux.com.br)
Date: 10/15/03

    Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:17:40 -0200
    To: Ganesharatnam C <ganesh@silicon.net.my>

    Ganesharatnam C

    Ok.. ISO 31335 (orange book) add Cobit...

    Sandro Melo

    >Robert,
    >
    >You are trying to come out with a security policy. ghheeshh... Try the
    >standards to work with, if I am not mistaken, ISO17799, BSI-bs7799 are good
    >security standard practice but they cover a wide range of factors.
    >
    >A good start would be to look at CISSP, has a few domains, buy a book and
    >you can start developing areas to be covered and so fourth.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ganesh C

    FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

    Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
    Learn how Solsoft can help you:
    - Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
    - Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
    networks
    - Quickly respond to network events from a central console

    Download our FREE whitepaper at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015

    • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
      ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ... supports a finite number of "rules" or "policies". ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
      ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
      ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
      ... The report you cite is CheckPoint originated and deals with older NetScreen ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)