Re: about policy, standars ...

From: sandro (sandro_at_4linux.com.br)
Date: 10/15/03

    Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:17:40 -0200
    To: Ganesharatnam C <ganesh@silicon.net.my>

    Ganesharatnam C

    Ok.. ISO 31335 (orange book) add Cobit...

    Sandro Melo

    >Robert,
    >
    >You are trying to come out with a security policy. ghheeshh... Try the
    >standards to work with, if I am not mistaken, ISO17799, BSI-bs7799 are good
    >security standard practice but they cover a wide range of factors.
    >
    >A good start would be to look at CISSP, has a few domains, buy a book and
    >you can start developing areas to be covered and so fourth.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ganesh C

    FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

    Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
    Learn how Solsoft can help you:
    - Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
    - Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
    networks
    - Quickly respond to network events from a central console

    Download our FREE whitepaper at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015