about policy, standars ...

From: Roberto C. Torres A. (kamissama_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/14/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:02:19 -0500

    Hi everyone!

    I need to create a doc with policy, Standars and Guidelines related to
    security, iīm new at this and i donīt know were to start, I recently bougth
    the book Security Architecture from RSA press, But i heard that there are
    sites that have more practical ways to create what i need

    Any help is apreciated, Thanks in advance

    Robert

    • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
      ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ... supports a finite number of "rules" or "policies". ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
      ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: No Shut Down or Restart for Domain Admins
      ... run rsop.msc from your DC and check which policy is responsible to this. ... I have created a group policy in a development network and imported it ... NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users Read (from Security Filtering) No ... Enforce user logon restrictions Enabled ...
    • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
      ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)