Re: Personal Firewall rulebase

From: Meritt James (meritt_james_at_bah.com)
Date: 10/07/03

    Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:46:58 -0400
    To: Angie Urtel <aurtel@fastenal.com>

    Personally, I would recommend blocking everything (nice, simple rule)
    then only allowing those services that are identified as necessary. And
    THEN if someone gripes about simething breaking you would be able to
    shove the problem off onto THEM, and insist upon THEM properly
    registering their service!

    Jim

    Angie Urtel wrote:

    > How about following the principle of least privilege - not allow anything
    > and then see what breaks? Work backwards from there.

    James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
    Booz | Allen | Hamilton
    phone: (410) 684-6566

    • Personal Firewall rulebase
      ... I need to create a rulebase from scratch for our corporate cenrally managed personal firewall solution. ... The personal Firewall software in question here is Zone Labs Integrity Agent along with Integrity Server. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Personal Firewall rulebase
      ... How about following the principle of least privilege - not allow anything ... Work backwards from there. ... Subject: Personal Firewall rulebase ...
      (Security-Basics)