RE: Country based IPs

From: Matthew F. Caldwell (mattc_at_guarded.net)
Date: 10/02/03

    Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:12:17 -0400
    To: "Dale Fay" <dalef@merit.edu>, "jbod" <for_the_republic@yahoo.com>

    Dale and Jbod,

            If you want a database download you can request it from ARIN,
    it's a difficult to parse format (to prevent spammers). HERE is the form
    have fun!

    http://www.arin.net/library/agreements/bulkwhois.pdf

    As part of our product neuSECURE, we maintain a database of all known
    netblocks from the sources ARIN, APNIC, RIPE, etc. The data is refreshed
    on a regular basis. We use this data to allow better macro correlation
    in our product. You can create rules that specify if you see something
    from a particular country,block,and ranges it can perform actions
    including block it at the firewall, email me, create a ticket etc.

    Matt

    Matthew F. Caldwell, CISSP
    Founder and Chief Security Officer
    GuardedNet, Inc.