RE: Security Certs

From: Robby Tanner (Robby.Tanner_at_lightsource.ca)
Date: 10/02/03

    Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:12:06 -0600
    To: "Steve W. Manzuik" <steve@entrenchtech.com>, "DANIEL SIMPSON" <DANSIMPS@uat.edu>, "Meritt James" <meritt_james@bah.com>

    I agree that certifications are misleading but they at least demonstrate
    SOME level of skill don't they? How else do you determine "what skills
    they have" BEFORE hiring them and observing performance?

    I suppose that's the trick isn't it?

    Rob

    • Re: Sysadmin resume (re)writers?
      ... hired is that my resume's not "pretty" enough, my cover letters aren't up ... Get me to the interview and I'll interview the people and ... skills bullets not chronological. ... getting your resume directly to a hiring manager and avoiding HR ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: [OT] Re: Security Architect Needed in VA!
      ... process is even more baroque and arcane than it is in the private sector. ... all "favouritism" in hiring. ... What we need, then, is adaptable people with a broad array of skills, ... It is really is the case that our classification process encourages ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • RE: Security Certs
      ... How else do you determine "what skills ... >they have" BEFORE hiring them and observing performance? ... I don't think certs are worthless, you just have to check that the person ... active directory question, they shouldn't say "active what?", though it's no ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Bain Acquires Guitar Center
      ... papacarl wrote: ... "Bain Capital" my ass it's WALL MART. ... The new name will be Wally mart Music And Day Care. ... I also heard they will be hiring mostly seniors in their reconstruction of the Guitar Center, a spokesman said " their eager to work and hell most of them can't hear" The question is will this be the end as with any buyout heads roll new management new ideas." ...
      (alt.guitar)
    • Re: OT - Federal Spending has increased 45% since 2001
      ... we're thinking of hiring. ... There is certainly some disconnect between skills available and skills ... shift" is the fast-food industry. ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)