RE: port 6060

From: Mitchell (mitchell_at_attackprevention.com)
Date: 09/20/03

    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:58:25 -0600
    To: "Faisal Masood" <faisyuet@wol.net.pk>, "'Carl-Erich Lindström'" <carl-erich.lindstrom@polarteknik.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    I would also suggest you download FPort and see what process is
    listening on that port.

    http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?
    subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/fport.htm

    http://www.attackprevention.com
    Information Security documents, articles, and policy

    > There is a possibility that some Trojan is there in your system.
    Follow

    erich.lindstrom@polarteknik.com]

    > Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 5:39 PM
    > To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    > Subject: port 6060
    >

    > Hi.
    >

    > My home pc is win2k sp4 with f-secure 5.4, distributed firewall 5.5.
    >
    > Something is listening in port 6060, allso machine sends lots of spam.
    >
    > My isp said that. Is there anything to do to detect what it is.
    >
    > Nto-scanner did not find anything.

    • Re: Best Plan of action for 2 forest.......
      ... PortQry reports the status of a port in one of the following ways: ... ..LISTENING This response indicates that a process is listening on the target ...
    • Re: RealVNC
      ... If we are talking about RealVNC it goes this way ... Then there is default Java listening port on port 5800 on the client machine ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: RIP issue with HMC - security violation?
      ... using an UDP port, 520, which would normally imply that there was a Routing ... Information Protocol (RIP) process behind it capable of modifying the routing ... as a "listening" state for the application. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Cant join a domain
      ... Attempting to resolve name to IP address... ... TCP port 42: NOT LISTENING ...