RE: my pc hacked?

From: Hagen, Eric (ehagen_at_DenverNewspaperAgency.com)
Date: 09/18/03

    To: hong li <hong_li_98@yahoo.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:20:11 -0600

    WebCompServer is a part of Crystal Reports 8.

    In addition, your "local echo" of hyperterminal may be turned on, which
    would let you see the password or anything else you typed.

    Other than that, the PC moving slow is unlikely to be an indication that you
    were "hacked", especially if there are no unusual processes running or
    unusual ports open. Note, if NMAP turned up ZERO open ports, the scan
    probably did not run properly or you have a locked-down firewall (in which
    case, getting hacked is very unlikely).

    Eric Hagen