RE: penetration tester advice

From: Nick Owen (nowen_at_wikidsystems.com)
Date: 09/17/03

    To: "Mehmet Buyukozer" <mbuyukozer@gmx.co.uk>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:21:26 -0400

    For web app testing: http://www.spidynamics.com/.

    Nick

      ... Subject: penetration tester advice ... i need some advice for penetration test. ... > Captus Networks ... > FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Evaluating Pen Testers
      ... penetration testing, for many years now, and its not getting any ... I sympathize with the security consumer when trying to find someone ... vulnerability scan with a penetration test. ... Vulnerability scan activity should not be automated without ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Evaluating Pen Testers
      ... penetration testers out there who use no well known tools and are at ... Security, and Casaba Security tools. ... useful enough to warrant spending money on a penetration test over ... question should be "When was the last time that you spoke at an OWASP ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Evaluating Pen Testers
      ... CISO and Vice President of Application Security usually have some ... the obvious, well identified, limitations of penetration testing ... OWASP is the opposite of ISSA ... useful enough to warrant spending money on a penetration test over ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: which is next step after using tools in penetration testing?
      ... Penetration test is not just about using tools. ... Once you short list the holes and vulnerabilities, ...
      (Security-Basics)