my pc hacked?

From: hong li (hong_li_98_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi, all

    I think my workstation was hacked. (windows 2000
    professional) When I connect to the router
    to do some configurations through hyperterminal and I
    can see the password on the screen, even with
    encrypted password. The pc was incredible slow. I
    tried netstat -na and did not see the suspicious
    connection. Show processes and only see one suspicious
    "webcompserver.exe"
    (did not google this yet). I tried to use nmap to
    scan ports and shows all posts are closed.

    Any idea or suggestions whether the pc was hacked?

    Thanks in advance,

    Hong

    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

    Captus Networks
    Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
    http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

    • RE: my pc hacked?
      ... Note, if NMAP turned up ZERO open ports, the scan ... Captus Networks ... - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Is there such a thing as DNS Network Mapper type application
      ... many lookups trying to find IPs based on the names. ... Do you Yahoo!? ... Captus Networks ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Outsourcing spam filtering and secuirty
      ... records for spam filtering purposes is widely used? ... Do you Yahoo!? ... Captus Networks ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: AW: SUS Help
      ... HFNetChk, like patching, updating the program itself, scanning multiple ... >Captus Networks ... >Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster? ... >FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: AW: SUS Help
      ... Both use hfnetchk, ... >Captus Networks ... >Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster? ... >FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)