Comcast and IPSec traffic

From: Greg Holl (gholl_at_tp.devry.edu)
Date: 09/13/03

    To: "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:19:01 -0500

    Hi all,
        This goes back to a fairly old thread (8/13, not that old). Mark, you
    sent an email asking if anyone had noticed Comcast blocking IPSec traffic.
        Well, guess what Comcast has started advertising. Comcast is now
    offering "High-Speed Internet Pro" service. It offers and "even faster
    connection." And among other things, they list "VPN Compatible" on their
    benefits.
        I guess that answers your question about whether they are blocking IPSec
    traffic.

    -Greg

    Captus Networks
    Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
    http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

    • RE: Comcast and IPSec traffic
      ... Subject: Comcast and IPSec traffic ... Captus Networks ... - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Comcast and IPSec traffic
      ... but a general question/gripe about cable ISPs...it seems to ... >I had a nice conversation with Comcast after starting to block 135 some ... >Clark Systems Support, LLC ... >sent an email asking if anyone had noticed Comcast blocking ...
      (Security-Basics)