RE: HIDS recommendations

From: Megan Golding (mgolding_at_secureworks.com)
Date: 09/12/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:09:57 -0400

    Said Tom Dominico, Jr.:
    > I am interested in using a host-based IDS for a few of our
    > servers that face the Internet and are most vulnerable.

    Check out Cisco Security Agent:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/index.html.

    Regards,
    Megan Golding, SecureWorks Webmaster (404) 486-4452
    Rock-solid Internet security.
    No hassles. No headcount. No capital outlay.
    Visit our website: http://www.secureworks.com

    Captus Networks
    Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
    http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

    • Re(2): Possible new virus?
      ... it's not a security issue. ... Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. ... Captus Networks ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows Server 2003
      ... Captus Networks ... - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • pen test v2.0
      ... the internet than ask a question in this group. ... If you have some further question or advice about our survey, ... Captus Networks ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Risks Digest 27.65
      ... ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS ... Harvard student tried to dodge exam with bomb hoax ... Someone's Been Siphoning Data Through a Huge Security Hole in the Internet ...
      (comp.risks)
    • Risks Digest 26.65
      ... ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS ... Internet Amorality, and Cutting Thailand Off From the Internet ... "Face Unlock feature in Galaxy Nexus poses security risk" (Matt Hamblen via ... Facebook Settles With F.T.C. Over Deception Charges ...
      (comp.risks)