Question on Corrupted BlackIce Defender Installation

From: Paul Fishbein (pffishbein_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/11/03

    Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:24:37 -0700
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    I hope this is not "off topic" but I purchased BlackIce Defender (Black Ice
    PC Defender) and had to uninstall it, with the aim of reinstalling it
    later. I come to find out that it is not completely uninstalled and won't
    let me reinstall the program.

    Yes, I have tried the "Black Ice Removal Tool" to no avail. I get the error
    on reinstalling "BlackIce Daemon is already installed on this machine ...
    installation cannot continue. Consult your system administrator." I am not
    on a network on this machine, I can see the BlackIce process running under
    "System Services" but disabling it doesn't help.

    Has anyone had an experience with this problem? Can you point me in the
    right direction?

    Thank you.

    Paul Fishbein
    Los Angeles, CA

    Captus Networks
    Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
    http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm