Re: FTP Replacement (SSH?)

From: Birl (sbirl_at_temple.edu)
Date: 09/10/03

    Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:32:15 -0400 (EDT)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    As it was written on Sep 10, thus Chris Decker typed:

    Chris: Hello,
    Chris:
    Chris:
    Chris: I'm interested in using some type of secure replacement for FTP, such as
    Chris: SSH. The only problem is that I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
    Chris:
    Chris: Also, if there is a way to get SSHD running (Cygin?), is there a way to
    Chris: set it up to use Windows 2000 Authentication, and allow every user access
    Chris: to a "home" directory, which in my case I would want to be their
    Chris: sub-directory in my Inetpub directory.
    Chris:
    Chris: I'm really looking for a free solution, but would consider anything
    Chris: within a reasonable price-range.

    Cygwin's SSHD isnt bad, but I have found it to be flakey.

    I would recommend VanDyke's VShell ($$$)
    http://www.vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html

    Thanks

     Scott Birl http://concept.temple.edu/sysadmin/
     Senior Systems Administrator Computer Services Temple University
    ====*====*====*====*====*====*====*====+====*====*====*====*====*====*====*====*

    Captus Networks
    Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
    http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

    • FTP Replacement (SSH?)
      ... The only problem is that I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. ... sub-directory in my Inetpub directory. ... Captus Networks ... FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: FW: Windows Server 2003
      ... Yup - I'm running around patching machines today.. ... On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Halverson, Chris wrote: ... >> Captus Networks ... > FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
      (Security-Basics)