Re: Windows XP Pro cracker?

From: Per Andre Wilhelmsen [PAW4P-NORID] (clickvd_at_gonnamakeyou.com)
Date: 09/04/03

    To: "Secuirty Basics with SecuirtyFocus.com" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:50:38 +0200

    If you have administrative access to the system you can go in as normal and
    reset the pw, without losing any settings. If you're not full admin, you may
    take a look at the linux boot floppy which actually resets the password even
    when it's totally forgotten (sick little bootcd or floppy that allows users
    to fix up mistakes, ugly but it works!)

    take a look at : http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    and PLEASE follow the instructions to the smallest detail if you don't feel
    like sitting with a crashed SAM db.
    (and yes, you are supposed to write to the hive, that part is the actual SAM
    overwrite section)