Re: Windows XP Pro cracker?

From: Logan Rogers-Follis (logan_at_tntnetworx.net)
Date: 09/04/03

    Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:14:05 -0600
    To: Thomas Graf <TGRAF@swmail.sw.org>

    A few others have also suggested it. I will check it out.

    Logan

    Thomas Graf wrote:

    >Greetings!
    >
    >Have you tried the "magic" disk? It is not supposed to work on XP Pro
    >SP1 but I have used it succesfully.
    >
    >Find it here: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >

    >Thomas Graf

    >I need to run fixmbr from the Recovery Console on my Windows XP Pro w/
    >
    >SP1 install and was looking for suggestions of a program to
    >crack/retrieve my Admin password for the computer. Of course, I forgot
    >
    >to use a basic password I know and I didn't write it down so now I am
    >in
    >trouble. I have an Admin control level account on the machine so
    >authority to run a app is no issue.
    >Thanks for the help, otherwise I'll just have to keep guessing, change
    >
    >the password (don't really want to loose the settings) or reload if the
    >
    >password change doesn't take (only seen happen once).
    >
    >Logan

    >Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30
    >(Training),
    >October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
    >technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event
    >in
    >Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
    >
    >Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends
    >September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
    October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
    technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
    Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
    Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com

    • Re: Pen Test mistake
      ... Subject: Pen Test mistake ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event ... Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Can anyone identify this possible backdoor?
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Re: Hunting for Mr Badmouth
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows XP Pro cracker?