Re: nessus on linux 9.0

From: chort (chort_at_amaunetsgothique.com)
Date: 08/20/03

    To: ~Kevin Davisł <kevin.davis@mindless.com>
    Date: 20 Aug 2003 01:09:53 -0700

    On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 19:50, ~Kevin Davisł wrote:
    > You don't need to run a server version of Linux to run any part of Nessus.
    >
    > ~Kevin Davisł

    I think what was being referred to is the Nessus server, not a server
    distribution of Linux. You do need to run nessusd for your Nessus
    client to log into.

    --
    Brian Keefer

    • Re: nessus on linux 9.0
      ... The question was "do I need to install a server version of Linux or ... can I install workstation". ... Subject: nessus on linux 9.0 ... > You don't need to run a server version of Linux to run any part of Nessus. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: nessus on linux 9.0
      ... You don't need to run a server version of Linux to run any part of Nessus. ... You will have to install both, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: nessus on linux 9.0
      ... >install a server version of linux 9.0 or if I just ... workstation or a server. ... If you are installing nessus from RPMs (which I ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Locking Down a Linux Box
      ... To tighten down the server ... ... - which IDS do you plan to use ??? ... On 21 Dec 2001, Kevin Robitaille wrote: ... Linux 7.2 Server OS. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Selling LinuxCBT Redhat edition training cource .It is 75 hours/375 Videos on 10Cds training solut
      ... LinuxCBT is a unique and revolutionary approach to teaching the Linux ... outlets and other CBTs do not; real RedHat Linux skills! ... LinuxCBT includes both Client Management and Server Management ... Planning the installation - identify software, ...
      (alt.os.linux)