Outbound Port scans, ports 3800+

From: Dean Saxe (Dean.Saxe_at_magnetbanking.com)
Date: 08/19/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:08:22 -0400

    I have a server which has recently started scanning two IP addresses on
    ports 3800 and higher. I can find no information online regarding any worms
    or any malware which may be causing these port scans to occur. Is anyone
    aware of what may be causing this behavior?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    -dhs

    Dean H. Saxe
    Senior Software Engineer
    Web Application Security Team Lead
    Magnet Communications
    Dean.Saxe@magnetbanking.com
    404.592.8515

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    This message and any attachment is solely for the use of the individual or
    entity to which this message is addressed and contains information that is
    confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
    you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, disclosure,
    copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the
    contents of this communication by persons or entities other than the
    intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
    in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
    computer.